Why do football players wear all that equipment under their uniforms? Why do x-ray technicians put that lead apron on their patients and then go hide behind a wall? Why do hazmat workers wear those yellow suits? Why do wise people still wear masks when going to the store? A single word provides an answer: protection. Protection is any person, place, thing, or idea that prevents another from suffering harm or injury. It’s why automobile enthusiasts wax their cars. It’s why people buy insurance. It’s why Preferred Carpet Care in Redding offers Scotchgard™ applications for the carpets of our customers.
How Does Scotchgard™ Work?
Preferred Carpet Care can apply a liquid-based plastic coating that adheres to your carpet pile after we steam clean carpet or upholstery. This coating acts like a barrier to keep liquids, dust, allergens, and other particles from getting attached to the fibers of your carpet – the coating prevents contact. It not only eliminates staining, but also reduces wear and tear on your carpet. Like a suit of armor, carpet protection takes the pounding, so your carpet does not.
Reasons to Use Carpet Protection
Although there are plenty of reasons to choose carpet protection in your home, let’s list the top 10 reasons.
- A protected carpet repels dirt and spills better than any unprotected carpet.
- Saves your carpet fibers from being cut and frayed by particulates and foot traffic.
- Expands the life of your carpet.
- Keeps your carpet looking fresh and clean.
- Spots and spills are easier to remove with less opportunity to become stains.
- Improves professional carpet cleaning – your carpet won’t require emergency service calls.
- Less carpet cleaner or other chemicals on your carpet.
- Improves vacuuming. Soil and other particles cannot get lodged in carpet fibers as easily, so more is removed with each session.
- Less expensive in the long run. Carpet protection extends the life of your carpet, so it does not need to be replaced as often and your carpet won’t need heavier cleaning sessions.
- Cleaner environment. Dust, dander, and allergens are readily removed, allowing you and your family to breathe easier.
Preferred Carpet Care recommends that your carpet receive a professional steam cleaning every 6 to 12 months. We can schedule a demonstration of carpet protection at the same time, and then apply it with your professional carpet cleaning, based on your decision. If you’d like to learn more, please give our office a call. Or if you prefer, you can list your questions using our online form, and we’ll provide accurate, informative answers. Let us show you the best ways to protect your carpet!
- Posted by Rod Barth
- On January 20, 2022