How can you prepare your home for carpet cleaning? Certainly, the technicians at Preferred Carpet Care of Redding can work with whatever situation your home is in, whether it is empty or full of furnishings. But if you want the carpet cleaning to go faster and be more effective, here are some things you can do ahead of time.
- Vacuum in advance. While our technicians can certainly vacuum the carpet for you, and are more than willing to do so, this small step saves time on your carpet job.
- Lift floor length window coverings or tapestries. You certainly don’t want your drapes or wall hangings to get caught in a carpet cleaning machine. Pinning up these fabrics so they are off the floor is a very good idea.
- Move as much furniture as possible. If smaller furniture items are moved out of the areas in advance, your technician can get to work right away. If you need us to move furniture for you, discuss that with the member of our staff who first arrives to provide you with a consultation and estimate. In all likelihood, we will ask about it or discuss this matter in advance.
- Keep the driveway free. If our service vehicle can park in your driveway during the carpet cleaning, it will be much easier to get the job done. This is not an absolute necessity, but it is much appreciated by our crewmembers.
- Remove fragile items from all rooms to be cleaned. That classic Chinese vase that is centuries old – please don’t leave that out during your carpet cleaning. Our technicians are certainly careful in every house they visit, but if something breaks, it’s broken! Foresight is better than hindsight, so go through each room looking for things that you would hate to see damaged and move them to an area of the house that will not be cleaned.
- Speaking of things that are valuable to you, youngsters should be kept away from the cleaning area. There are lots of things that children shouldn’t play with or touch during a carpet cleaning and a technician is concentrating on his or her work, not looking for young ones toddling around. It’s best to have them somewhere else during our visit to clean your carpets.
- Place pets in a separate area. Some pets react very poorly to a strange person and a noisy machine in their home. You don’t want a fresh stain that needs to be added to your cleaning bill, so putting them in a quiet place where they won’t be disturbed by the commotion is the best idea.
- Before we begin work, point out any stains that need removing. It’s best to make sure that the technician is aware of the things that most concern you. So direct our staff to the areas of your carpet or rugs that need work and we will put our best effort into making them spotless.
If you have further questions about how to prepare for a carpet cleaning, visit the rest of our website for more ideas or ask in advance. You can discuss this with the team member that provides you with your initial consult or call us at Preferred Carpet Care in Redding – 530-243-8400.
- Posted by Rod Barth
- On June 6, 2017