Though you might have a few area rugs in your bathroom, you probably don’t have wall-to-wall carpeting. Why? Because simple common sense says the bathroom is prone to moisture and spills. Permanent carpeting would deteriorate much more quickly in a bathroom than in any other area of the house. Most homes use tile and grout for their bathrooms instead, because it resists decay from moisture.
However, tile and grout still get dirty and need to be cleaned – a job that many people avoid doing. It’s long, repetitive, labor-intensive work on your hands and knees, often with harsh chemicals and hazardous fumes. Nevertheless, your tile and grout need to be scrubbed clean of all the mold, mildew, bacteria and stains that accumulate over time. Not only do such things turn your grout black, but they could affect your health each time you take a shower or brush your teeth in bare feet.
Let Us Do the Dirty Work for You
Preferred Carpet Care in Redding understands why most people avoid this chore. Thankfully, we offer services to clean bathroom tile and grout, as well as excellent carpet cleaning. We take note of the condition your tile and grout are in before we begin our work, marking chips, cracks, or other compromised areas. We also discuss our findings with you and answer any questions you have about the process or the condition of your tile and grout. After that, the process begins.
- Preparation – We start by sectioning off the tile from surrounding areas, including carpet and hardwood floors. It’s also important to relocate any removable items like area rugs, light furniture, or countertop items. In most cases, we defer to your own expertise in that action.
- Dry Soil Removal – We perform a rigorous sweep of the area, to remove any loose buildup.
- Soil Suspension – Next, we spray an eco-friendly cleaning agent over the entire surface and let it break down surface accumulation. This won’t affect your tile or grout, and the cleaning solutions we use are safe around family and pets, but the organic residue sure doesn’t like it.
- Cleaning – Now the real work begins. Intricate tile work and areas that are difficult to get to are addressed by hand with special brushes. For open, heavy-use areas, we use a mechanical, rotating brush. Next, we use a self-contained pressure cleaning tool on the tile. This tool uses water heated up to an average of 230 degrees, and sprays that water with a pressure of over 800 pounds per square inch. Organic residue doesn’t stand a chance!
- Rinse – Using the same tool, a special solution sanitizes your floor, killing anything that might be left behind. It also restores a neutral pH balance to promote healthy conditions.
- Finish – Depending on the type of grout, it might need some help with its color. We apply an appropriate mixture to restore its vibrancy. After that, we apply a sealer to fill cavities and pores, creating a barrier against residue.
- Follow-through – Finally, our technicians inspect the work with you during a final walkthrough. We answer any remaining questions and provide information on proper maintenance.
We Have You Covered
Taking care of your tile and grout is rough work, and the process used by Preferred Carpet Care is perhaps even more intense. However, we’re happy to do it, and the results are well worth the effort. Not only will your bathroom be restored to its radiant beauty, but your health and safety will improve as well. If you’d like more information about cleaning tile and grout, please give us a call or schedule an appointment online.
- Posted by Rod Barth
- On March 19, 2020